Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Kindle - a solid opportunity for savings

I recently bought the new 3G Kindle and have only rave reviews. The device is slim, light, and easy to handle. Furthermore, the 3G capability allows me to download books anywhere.

In regards to saving, it also helps the wallet. I understand that many people to enjoy the feeling of a book, however the monetary savings and added space in my bag is something I can not resist.

Kindle Cost: Roughly $190
Average E - book cost: $12 (many are much less)

Average print book cost: Depends. Hardcovers can run you up to $20, paperbacks on average $15

I read about 50 books a year - Difference in cost per book about  $4

I make my money back in one year -$200 SAVINGS

Show me an investment where you can get 100% in a year and I will show you an investor.

Think of personal finance as a investment game. With what you are saving per year, what is that on your initial cost. Are you purchasing something that will end up a liability or is it an assest

In my book (pun intended), the Kindle speaks for itself.

AMAZON KINDLE

No comments:

Post a Comment