Monday, January 17, 2011

Checking Accounts - More the merrier

Sorry it has been a few days since my last post. I will work on getting one out everyday.

So this is a controversial idea, but one I subscribe to. Having 2 CHECKING ACCOUNTS.

I use one checking account for all of my bills. This checking account is linked to all of my bills and that money is solely used for bills.

My second checking account is used for my spending money. Money for food, drink, dinners, shopping, etc.

I do this because I enjoy knowing how much I can spend everyday and what I have left over each month that I can use to invest or put away for a rainy day. When my spending checking account is low, I know I need to slow down. This also allows me to put away money each month for my savings, 401k, Roth, etc as it is in my bills checking account.

I use TD Commerce here in NY. I can have two checking accounts and do not get charged for it. I have 2 debit cards as well for each account to use as I need.

As with all my posts, I will continue to keep these tips simple and easy !
Try it out !

No comments:

Post a Comment